[yt-dev] Soliciting opinions about how to handle data tables for spectral integrator port

Matthew Turk matthewturk at gmail.com
Thu Dec 8 07:34:36 PST 2016

Hi,

I'm okay with this, but let's try to make it obvious where things go.
(which you have all suggested.)

I think astropy does this and has helper functions for it.

Matt

On Dec 8, 2016 9:28 AM, "Britton Smith" <brittonsmith at gmail.com> wrote:

HI all,

I agree that it would be best to keep the data files out of the repo.  What
about adding some config variables to control where the data gets stored?
We could even have it default to storing things in .config/yt.  Perhaps, on
the first import when the data is not there, you just get a notice with
links to wget/curl them.

Britton