[yt-dev] Why does ProjectionPlot not take and pass **kwargs

Yi-Hao Chen yihaochentw at gmail.com
Wed Dec 21 12:55:57 PST 2016

Hi all,

I am wondering why ProjectionPlot (and others) do not take all the keyword
arguments and pass them to PWViewerMPL and PlotWindow. For example,
currently there is no way to set buff_size at the creation of a plot. One
has to call .set_buff_size after the plot was created.

I am thinking about leaving only the arguments specific to ProjectionPlot
explicitly, and use **kwargs to pass all other arguments to PlotWindow. But
if there are reasons not to do this, please let me know.

Thanks!
Yi-Hao