[yt-dev] Implementing new Difference Plots

Nathan Goldbaum nathan12343 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 20 15:53:37 PST 2016

One issue: what happens when you use the plot callbacks (e.g. the methods
like annotate_grids() that hang off the other PlotWindow plots)? Some of
the callbacks make sense for all plots (i.e. they just add a line, arrow,
or shape), others depend on metadata for a dataset. For your case, you'd
have to somehow combine the metadata from two datasets, i guess?

Another option is to blacklist callbacks that don't make any sense, see:

https://bitbucket.org/yt_analysis/yt/src/yt/yt/visualization/plot_window.py#plot_window.py-1783