[yt-dev] Call for testing: updated install script

John Zuhone jzuhone at gmail.com
Thu Apr 14 06:44:06 PDT 2016

Hi Nathan,

On El Capitan, running the install script with the default options, I get this:

Hi there!  This is the yt installation script.  We're going to download
some stuff and install it to create a self-contained, isolated
environment for yt to run within.

Inside the installation script you can set a few variables.  Here's what
they're currently set to -- you can hit Ctrl-C and edit the values in
the script if you aren't such a fan.

INST_PY3           = 0 so I won't be installing Python 3
INST_HG            = 1 so I will  be installing Mercurial
INST_UNSTRUCTURED  = 0 so I won't be installing unstructured mesh rendering
INST_PYX           = 0 so I won't be installing PyX
INST_ROCKSTAR      = 0 so I won't be installing Rockstar
INST_H5PY          = 1 so I will  be installing h5py
INST_ASTROPY       = 0 so I won't be installing astropy
INST_NOSE          = 1 so I will  be installing nose

Installation will be to
  /Users/jzuhone/Source/yt-ng/doc/yt-conda

and I'll be logging the installation in
  /Users/jzuhone/Source/yt-ng/doc/yt-conda/yt_install.log

I think that about wraps it up.  If you want to continue, hit enter.
If you'd rather stop, maybe think things over, even grab a sandwich,
hit Ctrl-C.

[hit enter]

Awesome!  Here we go.

Using wget
Using shasum -a 512

Downloading http://repo.continuum.io/miniconda/Miniconda2-latest-MacOSX-x86_64.sh

Installing the Miniconda python environment.
Installing the necessary packages for yt.
This may take a while, but don't worry.  yt loves you.
        FAILURE REPORT:

installing: pycrypto-2.6.1-py27_0 ...
installing: pip-8.1.1-py27_1 ...
installing: wheel-0.29.0-py27_0 ...
installing: setuptools-20.3-py27_0 ...
Python 2.7.11 :: Continuum Analytics, Inc.
creating default environment...
installation finished.
EXECUTING:
  conda update --yes conda
Error: package 'conda' is not installed in /Users/jzuhone/Source/yt-ng/doc/yt-conda/envs/python2

Failure.  Check /Users/jzuhone/Source/yt-ng/doc/yt-conda/yt_install.log.  The last 10 lines are above.