[yt-dev] Issue #1205: default disparity in StereoPerspective lens doesn't show much difference between left and right (yt_analysis/yt)

Michael Zingale issues-reply at bitbucket.org
Sat Apr 2 18:02:35 PDT 2016

New issue 1205: default disparity in StereoPerspective lens doesn't show much difference between left and right
https://bitbucket.org/yt_analysis/yt/issues/1205/default-disparity-in-stereoperspective

Michael  Zingale:

Depending on what you are rendering, when you do a volume rendering with the lens="stereo-perspective", the left and right images do not look at all different.

To fix this, you need to change the disparity parameter, like:

```
sc.camera.lens.disparity = cam.width[0]/10.0
```

this setting is 50x greater than the default, and gives a noticable left-right difference.

We need to figure out what a reasonable default is for the `disparity`, and also we should document this better in the volume rendering docs.