[yt-dev] New install script

Nathan Goldbaum nathan12343 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 1 12:58:48 PDT 2016

Hi all,

I'm almost finished updating the install script so that by default it
creates a conda-based installation, but can also optionally do a
from-source bootstrapped installation.

https://bitbucket.org/yt_analysis/yt/pull-requests/2009

Before the pull request can be merged, it needs testing on a variety of
platforms as well as some sort of test script we can run as part of the
test suite. If any of you have some time and interest in helping me out,
I'd appreciate it if you could try. You should read the description at the
top of the pull request and modify any variables you would like to change
to customize your installation.

You should be able to get the latest version of the script by doing:

$ curl -O
https://bitbucket.org/ngoldbaum/yt/raw/install-script-updates/doc/install_script.sh

If you run into any problems, either reply here or on the pull request with
a description of the issue or a solution and I will try to fix them.

Thanks!

-Nathan