[yt-dev] Issue #1085: Loading EAGLE snipshot data is broken (yt_analysis/yt)

Nathan Goldbaum issues-reply at bitbucket.org
Thu Sep 17 09:55:50 PDT 2015

New issue 1085: Loading EAGLE snipshot data is broken
https://bitbucket.org/yt_analysis/yt/issues/1085/loading-eagle-snipshot-data-is-broken

Nathan Goldbaum:

The following test script:

```
import yt
ds = yt.load('snipshot_399_z000p000/snip_399_z000p000.0.hdf5')
ds.index
```

Triggers an infinite recursion during field detection. Right now the EagleDataset class uses the OWLSFieldInfo class under the hood, which doesn't actually work since the Eagle data doesn't contain any of the chemical species fields needed to generate species fields.

One way to "fix" this would be to disable species fields. I have no idea if we *could* actually reconstruct the species fields given the information in the snipshot file.