[yt-dev] OS X 10.11 and OpenSSL

Nathan Goldbaum nathan12343 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 25 09:44:01 PDT 2015

So I've thought about this more and I think the path of least insanity is
to tell people to install a package manager and then openssl in the install
script.

I'm not exactly happy about this solution. Another option would be to have
the install script install homebrew into a user-writable prefix, install
openssl there, and then ignore the fact that we've installed homebrew on
people's computers :(

Yet another option would be to move the install script to distributing a
miniconda-based environment rather than building everything from source.

Any thoughts about these options?