[yt-dev] Updating documentation notebook and notebook dependency to IPython 4

Nathan Goldbaum nathan12343 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 20 14:47:05 PDT 2015

On Tue, Oct 20, 2015 at 2:44 PM, Michael Zingale <
michael.zingale at stonybrook.edu> wrote:

> although it looks like there is a way to convert back to an older version:
>
> https://github.com/QuantEcon/QuantEcon.site/issues/19
>
> so this may be a non-issue for people with older ipythons.
>
> On Tue, Oct 20, 2015 at 5:39 PM, Michael Zingale <
> michael.zingale at stonybrook.edu> wrote:
>
>> it might be good to look at what version of ipython some popular linux
>> distros ship with.  I don't think that many are on 4 yet, but seem to be
>> shipping with 3.2.

I think supporting the python stacks on linux distros is a very hard,
moving target. Instead, we've been pretty successful "supporting" the
install script stack, with the intention of fixing issues on other versions.

In addition, it's pretty easy to set up a python stack even without the
install script using e.g. miniconda.