[yt-dev] Request for quick review of PRs 1790 and 1802

John ZuHone jzuhone at gmail.com
Thu Oct 15 07:46:50 PDT 2015

Hi devs,

My apologies for making this request—I have some PRs that I would like reviewed quickly because they are in direct response to queries from users on the mailing list for my photon simulator analysis module. They fix some major bugs, and directly affect the analysis those users are doing now.

They are:

1790:

https://bitbucket.org/yt_analysis/yt/pull-requests/1790/bugfix-fix-issues-with-simput-files/ <https://bitbucket.org/yt_analysis/yt/pull-requests/1790/bugfix-fix-issues-with-simput-files/>

and

1802:

https://bitbucket.org/yt_analysis/yt/pull-requests/1802/bugfix-fixing-bugs-and-big-speedups-for/ <https://bitbucket.org/yt_analysis/yt/pull-requests/1802/bugfix-fixing-bugs-and-big-speedups-for/>

1790 has been passed by fido, but the tests for 1802 will be running soon. Could I get some eyes on these so we could perhaps get them merged in today?

I realize that reviewing these is sometimes a bit obtuse since they are rather domain-specific, so I thank you in advance for taking the time to look at them. I’m currently in the process of generating a comprehensive set of tests for the module so that fewer issues like these will crop up.

Best,

John