[yt-dev] Issue #1107: [experimental] consistency in camera motion (yt_analysis/yt)

Cameron Hummels issues-reply at bitbucket.org
Tue Oct 13 21:39:19 PDT 2015

New issue 1107: [experimental] consistency in camera motion
https://bitbucket.org/yt_analysis/yt/issues/1107/experimental-consistency-in-camera-motion

Cameron Hummels:

The various means of moving the camera can be confusing.  As an example, `rotate()` doesn't rotate the direction of the camera so much as it rotates the position of the camera relative to its focus.

`yaw`, and `pitch` do the same thing, even though those are normally words associated with changing the orientation of something and not it's position.  How to reconcile?  I'm not opposed to leaving as is, but we need to be explicit about this in narrative docs and docstrings so as to not confuse users.