[yt-dev] Problem in installing YT.

Nathan Goldbaum nathan12343 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 12 04:13:34 PDT 2015

Hi Prateek,

This sort of error happens when Python is unable to be built with SSL
support. Recent versions of Python will refuse to link against older
versions of OpenSSL, since they are known to be insecure.

Which OS and version is this? It may just be that you need to update your
OpenSSL library.

On the othe hand, if you do not have root or if you are running an OS
version that is no longer receiving security updates, a workaround would be
to install yt using miniconda instead of the install script. This works
because miniconda bundles a recent, secure version of OpenSSL.

Cheers,

Nathan