[yt-dev] Nathan's linting PR

John ZuHone jzuhone at gmail.com
Wed Oct 7 08:54:39 PDT 2015

Hi all,

Nathan has a PR that’s been open for a little while where he lints the yt frontends:

https://bitbucket.org/yt_analysis/yt/pull-requests/1762/linting-ytfrontends/diff <https://bitbucket.org/yt_analysis/yt/pull-requests/1762/linting-ytfrontends/diff>

What it basically does it enforce adherence to coding standards and remove imports of modules and variables we don’t use (also removes things like “from yt.funcs import *” in favor of importing only the things we use).

As Nathan says, we need to turn on the NMSU ART answer tests before we merge, but we should probably get another set of eyes on it with a final approval. This PR touches a lot of files, so it’s highly susceptible to merge conflicts as we merge other PRs in.

Best,

John