[yt-dev] Parent and Children lists of AMRGridPatch

Erik Schnetter schnetter at gmail.com
Sat Nov 14 11:48:49 PST 2015

What do the Parent and Children lists for AMRGridPatch do in yt? I've set
up a grid structure without defining these entries, and things seem to be
working fine. Would yt automatically disable certain regions of the parents
if there are overlapping children?

In Cactus's AMR structure, a refined grid does not have a single parent
grid -- it may overlap with multiple coarser grids. How do I tell yt about
this? Do I need to split the fine grids?

-erik

--
Erik Schnetter <schnetter at gmail.com>