[yt-dev] Vertex-centred AMR data?

Erik Schnetter schnetter at gmail.com
Tue Nov 10 16:52:29 PST 2015

I have implemented a front-end for cell-centred Cactus AMR data. However,
many Cactus simulations use vertex-centred AMR. That is, data is stored at
the vertices of a grid (not in the cells), and coarse vertices are at the
same locations as fine vertices.

How do I present such data to yt? Do I need to set grid coordinates
differently, or is there a "vertex centred" flag?

When vertex-centred data are displayed, then I expect either a "control
volume" around each vertex to have the same value, or to use e.g. linear
interpolation in the cells from the respective boundaries.

-erik

--
Erik Schnetter <schnetter at gmail.com>