[yt-dev] Issue #1141: Problem to sample a ray in yt 3.2 (yt_analysis/yt)

Kuo-Chuan Pan issues-reply at bitbucket.org
Tue Nov 3 08:13:17 PST 2015

New issue 1141: Problem to sample a ray in yt 3.2
https://bitbucket.org/yt_analysis/yt/issues/1141/problem-to-sample-a-ray-in-yt-32

Kuo-Chuan Pan:

Dear all,

I am not sure if here is the correct place to ask question (if not, please forgive me).

Recently, I am updating my analysis codes from yt 2.x to 3.2.
I found that the pf.h.ray method is very different in between yt 2.x and 3.x.
I use pf.h.ray(point1, point2) in yt 2.x and ds.ray(point1,point2) in yt3.2.

In yt 3.2, sometimes I got very strange results in ray('t').
The returned value is simply 0 1, instead of an array of sampled data.
In addition, sometimes the returned array in ray('t') is not sorted in radius.

I know that I could sort the array by using argsort() but is this due to performance issue
or did I made some stupid mistake to use ds.ray()?
Also, is this a bug when ds.ray(point1,point2) returns just 0 1?
I am sure I am giving correct point1 and point2 and with a reasonable length.

Many thanks,
Kuo-Chuan