[yt-dev] Issue #1021: Set buff size based on aspect ratio, dpi, and window size (yt_analysis/yt)

Matthew Turk issues-reply at bitbucket.org
Mon May 11 10:44:01 PDT 2015

New issue 1021: Set buff size based on aspect ratio, dpi, and window size
https://bitbucket.org/yt_analysis/yt/issue/1021/set-buff-size-based-on-aspect-ratio-dpi

Matthew Turk:

Right now, it seems like our `buff_size` is always set identically to `(800,800)` in `SlicePlot` and the like.

This can be overcome by doing a `set_buff_size` call, but this call is also somewhat counterintuitive, as it is in reverse order (height, width).  I think, but am not certain, that we can get desired behavior by setting `buff_size` to `None` in the constructor, and then inside `_setup_plots` (where we'll have the aspect ratio info as well as the figure size, although we should probably assume 100 or 300 DPI) we can guess the buffer size.

(Thanks to @maxhutch for the pointer on this.)

Responsible: MatthewTurk