[yt-dev] Status of a few big PRs

Michael Zingale michael.zingale at stonybrook.edu
Mon Jun 22 15:59:01 PDT 2015

I've been meaning to play with this, but I've been traveling.  I'll take a
look later this week, but if others have already approved, then it may as
well go in.

On Mon, Jun 22, 2015 at 5:11 PM, John Zuhone <jzuhone at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Matt,
>
> VR refactor’s tests all pass and we have three approvals already. Are we
> raising the bar higher for including this one?
>
> If we are, we should probably specify how many approvals we need. If not,
> then we should just merge it.
>
> Best,
>
> John
>
> > On Jun 22, 2015, at 1:18 PM, Matthew Turk <matthewturk at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Hi all,
> >
> > There are a few big PRs still open.  I wanted to update you on them:
> >
> > * VR refactor:
> >
> https://bitbucket.org/yt_analysis/yt/pull-request/1256/wip-volume-rendering-refactor
> > .  This is ready for review.
> >
> > * Particle octree refactor:
> >
> https://bitbucket.org/yt_analysis/yt/pull-request/1206/wip-forest-of-octrees
> > .  This will simply not work in its current form.  I have redesigned
> > it around nested bitmap indices but not yet pushed to my fork; I'm
> > hoping to get to it sometime in the next few weeks.
> >
> > * Hybrid Rockstar:
> >
> https://bitbucket.org/yt_analysis/yt/pull-request/1618/wip-hybrid-rockstar
> > .  Hilary has done some awesome work on this, and I think that it will
> > work nicely, but parallelism might need some help (according to her
> > bullet points)
> >
> > * Grid visitors: The preliminary PR was accepted, and I am working on
> > a new set of PRs that will enable this broadly.  This should reduce
> > memory overhead.
> >
> > * OpenGL volume rendering:
> >
> https://bitbucket.org/yt_analysis/yt/pull-request/1598/opengl-volume-rendering
> > .  This is blocked on the VR refactor, and once that is in I'll
> > continue to update this to utilize the new scene objects.
> >
> > -Matt

Michael Zingale
Associate Professor

Dept. of Physics & Astronomy • Stony Brook University • Stony Brook, NY
11794-3800
*phone*:  631-632-8225
*e-mail*: Michael.Zingale at stonybrook.edu
*web*: http://www.astro.sunysb.edu/mzingale