[yt-dev] VR refactor status update

Cameron Hummels chummels at gmail.com
Tue Jun 2 11:48:56 PDT 2015

Hi Matt,

I'd be interested in helping work on the VR stuff too since I've been
involved in this effort (writing the YTEP, helping Sam with some of the
code and layout).  Next time you guys have a hangout on this, would you let
me know?

Also, the VR refactor was originally meant to address TimeSeries so movies
were more easily made (movie paths, etc.).  As the VR code gets merged into
the mainline, I'd love to work with people on making the Scene class more
inclusive of TimeSeries data before the 3.2 release goes out.

Cameron

On Tue, Jun 2, 2015 at 11:18 AM, Matthew Turk <matthewturk at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Andrew, Kacper, Allyson and I had a hangout to go over the current
> state of the VR refactor that Sam started.
>
> Where we're at:
>
>  * Docs need to be written and updated.  I have committed to taking
> this on, and I am starting today.
>  * There are two cameras that need to be ported, the setreo spherical
> camera and the perspective camera.  Suoqing, is there any chance you
> might be able to take a look at doing this, and issuing a PR to Sam's
> repository?  I ask only because you've been so good at camera porting
> in the past.  :)
>
> Once that's done, since there is a backwards-compatible camera
> interface, I assert that we should consider heavily simply pulling in
> the code and beginning to migrate.

Cameron Hummels
Postdoctoral Researcher
Steward Observatory