[yt-dev] Stable release

Nathan Goldbaum nathan12343 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 29 19:57:17 PDT 2015

 Hi all,

A while back we were intending to backport bugfixes from the yt branch to
the stable branch and then regularly issue bugfix releases. This hasn't
happened, and new users in particular feel the pain this causes.

Does someone want to volunteer to backport bugfix pull requests to the
stable branch? It should be more or less automatic, although you will
likely need to do it one pull request at a time, and it will be hard to
review. This would be a great, relatively straightforward if tedious task
to do at the scipy sprints, if anyone is going to that.

Should we just abandon this idea and go ahead and release 3.2 sooner rather
than later?

Is there a way to sustainably make sure bugfixes eventually make their way
to the stable branch, either with or without changing our development
workflow?

-Nathan