[yt-dev] yt team meeting tomorrow

Britton Smith brittonsmith at gmail.com
Mon Jun 29 13:32:32 PDT 2015

Hi John,

My apologies for the confusion.  I should explain how these meetings get
scheduled and I am open to suggestions on how to improve things.

As per the Team Infrastructure YTEP (
https://ytep.readthedocs.org/en/latest/YTEPs/YTEP-1776.html), monthly
meetings are to be held with the project subcomponent leaders present.  I
am currently designated as the coordinator of those meetings.  I have
dropped the ball for a few months now and we have not had a meeting since
February.  Currently, there are 95 people on the yt-dev list, so when it
comes to scheduling the meeting, I only send a doodle poll to the official
subcomponent leaders.  Once a time has been picked, an invitation is sent
to yt-dev.  On this specific occasion, the meeting time was only
established last night, so the announcement came with very little notice.

My goal is to make the meeting as inclusive as possible while also ensuring
that people who are most likely to contribute are able to come.  My current
method obviously leaves out a lot of people, like yourself, who are not
listed as leads but would, more likely than not, like to be at the
meeting.  One solution would be for more people to volunteer for leadership
positions.  At this point, the sole duty for each lead has been to show up
at the meeting.  Another would be to make more positions, or to have a
general "board member"-like designation.  Maybe I just need to announce the
meeting with more warning, which I usually try to do and will try harder to
do in the future.

Anyway, I am open to suggestions on how to improve this process and I
apologize for leaving anyone out.

Britton