[yt-dev] Fwd: [Matplotlib-users] ANN: pytest-mpl v0.2

Nathan Goldbaum nathan12343 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 25 18:00:38 PDT 2015

This is interesting. We do something similar in our current test setup, but
it's nice to see this sort of thing become part of a testing library.

Looking into moving from nose to py.test should definitely be on our radar
given the migration of the Python community in that direction over the past
year or two. py.test has some interesting features (like test fixtures)
that might make it easier for us to write tests going forward. That said,
the answer testing framework is quite complicated, and it might take some
effort to port that. I hope to look at this myself in the coming months,
but if anyone wants to take up the slack in looking at the feasibility of
us in py.test, while I start my new position, feel free to try.

Nathan