[yt-dev] VR refactor status update

Matthew Turk matthewturk at gmail.com
Tue Jun 2 12:05:43 PDT 2015

Hi Cameron,

On Tue, Jun 2, 2015 at 1:54 PM, Cameron Hummels <chummels at gmail.com> wrote:

>> Yes -- I posted about it in the slack channel.  Sorry I didn't send it
>> to the list.
>>
> Yeah, I've been slacking on checking on slack, as I'm on an review panel
> later this week that's eating up all my time.

OK -- well, the hangout was very short anyway, and we concluded that
documentation was the big thing left.

>> Do you want to help with documentation, or with porting the remaining
>> cameras?
>>
> I'm up for helping with stuff, but my contributions will have to wait until
> the weekend after this panel.  If you want to jump into docs, I can review
> and extend based on your first pass?

Sure.  I was planning on doing them all by myself anyway, so any help
you can provide would be great.  Because the backwards compatible
layer is already in, and a good amount of other work is now blocked on
this PR, I'm hoping to finish it off right away.

As a sidenote, in July a planetarium show is coming out that used the
scene refactor for some of its rendering.  So I think the code might
be solid at this point.

-Matt