[yt-dev] adventures in trying to install yt_dev

Molly Peeples molly at stsci.edu
Fri Jul 31 10:19:09 PDT 2015

Hey Nathan,

My setup / compilers / etc. are a software bundle maintained by STScI for
the staff here (that's the ssb thing you can see in my paths). They do run
as a virtual machine. I do not use Xcode. Both machines are on OSX 10.9.5.
Any ideas as to what's wrong with the build environment? I'd really not
like to have to install and maintain everything independently, especially
since the build I have "just works" for every other application I have. If
I can get the HDF5 problem diagnosed well then there's a chance they will
be able to fix it here.

Re. cython:
molly% cython -V
Cython version 0.22.1
And __file__ does confirm that it is installed as part of the virtual env
('/usr/stsci/ssb/python/lib/python2.7/site-packages/Cython-0.21.1-py2.7-macosx-10.6-x86_64.egg/cython.py')

--Molly