[yt-dev] proposing a yt-3.2 release

John ZuHone jzuhone at gmail.com
Thu Jul 9 11:12:58 PDT 2015

We do have one blocker, at least from my point of view. At the moment I am -1.

We have done a lot of work to get a single yt codebase for Python 2 and 3, but we have not (to my knowledge) had a single test run where all tests are passing under Python 3, including answer tests.

Since the Python 3 stuff is everywhere in the code, we need to verify that all the tests pass (I bet they won’t just yet) before we release.

Also, we don’t yet know if “yt update” and “yt instinfo” will work under Python 3 (though I’m happy to find out).

Best,

John