[yt-dev] Nightly binary wheels

John ZuHone jzuhone at gmail.com
Sat Jan 17 10:43:33 PST 2015

> Do you think that we'll ever be modular enough to have this upload a daily build to the main pip repositories so that one can just `pip install yt` without downloading the build file?  Or is that too complicated because it requires all of the external libraries that it does?

It’s not any more complicated, but I don’t think this is behavior we necessarily want. I think PyPI should stick to stable releases.

In any case, I found out why I wasn’t able to do it the easy way—it’s because pip does not install unstable packages by default. You can override this with —pre:

pip install -i https://pypi.binstar.org/jzuhone/simple —pre yt

You can also install conda packages from binstar rather simply:

conda install -c https://conda.binstar.org/jzuhone yt==dev

This will all be in a docs PR at some point this week.