[yt-dev] 3.1 release?

Cameron Hummels chummels at gmail.com
Sun Jan 4 10:03:01 PST 2015

On Sun, Jan 4, 2015 at 9:51 AM, Matthew Turk <matthewturk at gmail.com> wrote:

>> I advocate for having a wait time where no PRs get merged for a while
>> before we release to sort out bugs.  I'm personally somewhat hesitant about
>> using yt tip right now for production level analysis after all of those
>> merges, many of which didn't appear to have much review.  It was my
>> understanding that we were going to wait to let the dust settle on some
>> things when everyone was back at their desks next week.
>>

> I think that's an extremely unfair statement to make.  All of the PRs were
> reviewed, many were in the queue for weeks or months, and all of them pass
> the answer tests or include known fixes for previously incorrect results.

Looking at the PRs that got merged last night (
https://bitbucket.org/yt_analysis/yt/pull-requests?displaystatus=merged)
most have 1-2 approvals, and one has zero approvals.  That's what I meant
by not having much review.  I was under the impression that for substantial
changes in code, we wanted to have 3 reviews/approvals.  Obviously, for
minor bugfixes, this isn't necessary, but it seemed like some of the PRs
were making substantial modifications to the codebase.

> If you feel that the tip is unsafe, I would encourage you to write
> additional tests that stress it in your problem domain.
>

>> Either way, I wanted to see what the status of things were with all of
>> the recent activity, since I hadn't heard anything on the list.
>>
>> Cameron
>>
>> --
>> Cameron Hummels
>> Postdoctoral Researcher