[yt-dev] Issue #1066: Default origins for different geometries based on axis (yt_analysis/yt)

Matthew Turk issues-reply at bitbucket.org
Wed Aug 19 09:52:46 PDT 2015

New issue 1066: Default origins for different geometries based on axis
https://bitbucket.org/yt_analysis/yt/issues/1066/default-origins-for-different-geometries

Matthew Turk:

For some geometries, like cylindrical, there are natural origins for the plots one would want to use.  For instance, if we are looking at a plot along R and z of a cylindrical dataset (i.e., slice along theta), we probably want "native" to be the default origin.  Right now, this is not implemented, and in principle it should be implemented in a way that is a bit more rigorous than the way centers, widths, etc are currently set up.

Responsible: MatthewTurk