[yt-dev] Nightly dev builds

Cameron Hummels chummels at gmail.com
Tue Aug 4 20:01:09 PDT 2015

John,

This is terrific work.  I think this will provide a really convenient and
fast way to download the development branch, and I know of several people
at STSci who may benefit from this immediately.  Thanks for putting this
together!

After this gets tested out, we could doc up this email and put it on the
installer docs.  I'll try to find some time to play with this in the next
week.

Cameron

On Tue, Aug 4, 2015 at 10:54 PM, John Zuhone <jzuhone at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi everybody (but especially Cameron),
>
> A while back I set up nightly dev binary builds for Anaconda and PyPI
> wheels--a month ago they stopped because something was wrong with the
> machine (right now these are Mac OS X only).
>
> I've restarted them on a different machine. We now have binary Anaconda
> builds made every night from the tip of the dev branch for Python 2.7 and
> 3.4. I'll try to set up PyPI wheels, and also set up the Windows builds,
> sometime this week.
>
> The files are hosted here:
>
> http://anaconda.org/jzuhone/yt/files
>
> Each file is tagged with the changeset that it was made off of. I'll need
> to figure out some way of managing them before they get too numerous.
>
> Here's how to install:
>
> conda install -c http://conda.anaconda.org/jzuhone/channel/dev yt
>
> and here's how to update:
>
> conda update -c http://conda.anaconda.org/jzuhone/channel/dev yt
>
> The key is to have the "dev" channel specified.
>
> Best,
>
> John

Cameron Hummels
NSF Postdoctoral Fellow