[yt-dev] How to issue multiple PR's on BitBucket?

Chris Malone chris.m.malone at gmail.com
Thu Sep 11 10:14:47 PDT 2014

Hey devs,

I apologize in advance for my naivety...

I asked this in IRC, and Kacper was kind enough to provide some insight,
but alas I was still having problems getting this to work.  I know it
involves bookmarks and heads, but I'm still not as familiar with mercurial
as I am with git, so this all confuses my gitsense.  Also, I know there are
others who have this issue - perhaps this should be on the docs page
somewhere...

Let's say I have my fork of yt wherein I already have a pending PR on BB.
 I can't simply make changes to my fork and push them in the default
branch/bookmark because BB likes to automagically update PRs.

What is the recommended procedure for committing and pushing new changes to
my fork so that I can issue an additional PR?  Do I create a bookmark, then
commit my changes, then push that bookmark to BB?  If so, how then can I
issue a PR from that bookmark - I can't seem to find this on the BB
interface.

Chris