[yt-dev] yt members: first items of business

Britton Smith brittonsmith at gmail.com
Wed Sep 3 04:35:25 PDT 2014

Greetings everyone,

It's official, the YTEP on yt team structure
<http://ytep.readthedocs.org/en/latest/YTEPs/YTEP-1776.html> has been
accepted, thereby establishing the status of "yt member" as someone who has
made significant contribution to the project.  Thanks to everyone who
contributed to making this happen.

Now for the first items of business:
1. We need representatives for the five subcomponents laid out in the YTEP:
infrastructure, testing, plotting, analysis modules, and documentation.
 Members, please volunteer to represent one of these in regular team
meetings.  Let's get at least a few for each so the burden doesn't
continually fall on one person.  You should have write access to the YTEP
repository, so clone the repo, add your name, and push the change directly
to the main repo: https://bitbucket.org/yt_analysis/ytep.  I have just
signed up for analysis modules and have agreed to take the first shift as
meeting coordinator.  If you're the first to sign up for one, consider
reaching out to specific people that you think would also be good for that
role.

2. We need people to act as liaisons for the various frontends.  This
should be anyone very familiar with that code and who can serve as a
knowledge-base.  The more the merrier for any frontend, in my opinion.  If
you're willing, please add yourself as above.

3. The floor is now open for nominations of new members.  Members, look
around you and pick out the people you think have made significant
contribution, tangible or otherwise, and nominate them.  Just send an email
to yt-dev with a couple sentences on why you think they deserve it.  Three
affirmative votes and they're in.

4. Go live with the yt member page.  There is an open PR to the website
repo to add this.  Please have a look here and offer your comments.  Once
that's in, members should feel free to start adding bios for themselves.
 Have a look at that here
<https://bitbucket.org/yt_analysis/website/pull-request/52/adding-initial-members-page/>
.

Once the representative table fills out, I will try to schedule the first
team meeting.

It's a new day for yt.  Keep up the good work, everyone.

Britton