[yt-dev] Field Parameters Bug

Nathan Goldbaum nathan12343 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 2 10:06:11 PDT 2014

On Thu, Oct 2, 2014 at 8:23 AM, Cameron Hummels <chummels at gmail.com> wrote:

> I thought that's what I originally suggested.  But wouldn't we need to do
> it in "set_field_parameter" instead? and wouldn't it be a required argument?

Since calls to get_field_parameter generally happen inside field
definitions and field definitions can happen *before* datasets are loaded,
this can't happen inside set_field_parameter, where that would make sense.
It would actually *almost* work, but we would need to figure out a way to
mock up appropriate units for field parameters during field detection.