[yt-dev] Field Parameters Bug

Matthew Turk matthewturk at gmail.com
Thu Oct 2 05:36:47 PDT 2014

Hi Hilary,

Maybe we ought to have a registry of known field parameters,
affiliated with dimensions.  A while back I looked at the known ones,
and there were not many in use.  It might be relatively
straightforward to set up a simple registry.  My concern is then that
individuals wanting to define their own are going to run into an issue
of the behavior changing, not knowing how to fix it, and so on.

Alternately, we could use a default parameter in those failing fields.
Or, we could add an argument to the add_field call of the dimensions
of the field parameter.

-Matt