[yt-dev] Summary of yt Team Meeting 2

Cameron Hummels chummels at gmail.com
Sat Oct 18 16:12:20 PDT 2014

Hello everyone,

Yesterday morning, we held the second yt Team Meeting as per the governance
YTEP.  We had representatives from each of the 5 subcomponents of the code,
as well as several additional attendees since it was held at the same time
as the yt development workshop at NCSA.  I personally think it worked
really well to have so many people in attendance, as we were able to
address issues more fully with a larger group.  I would be in favor of
having future meetings open to the full member base and potentially the
full dev base.

Nathan acted as scribe and took notes on what was discussed.  You can see
those here:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1CZgBOkvO3gZQwWUzcBEaCgqynVZlvoHXEiWiEYcXOYc/edit

We had to finish the meeting somewhat abruptly and were unable to schedule
a follow up meeting as well as the coordinator/scribe for that meeting.  I
propose that we hold the next meeting a month from now, on Friday 11/14.  I
propose that Hilary Egan be the organizer, since she was interested in
hosting the last meeting, but due to a conflict was unable to do so.  Are
there any problems with this?

Great job, everyone.

Cameron

--