[yt-dev] Issue #945: Adding multiple sets of annotations to a slice is slow (yt_analysis/yt)

Daniel Fenn issues-reply at bitbucket.org
Sat Nov 29 16:38:16 PST 2014

New issue 945: Adding multiple sets of annotations to a slice is slow
https://bitbucket.org/yt_analysis/yt/issue/945/adding-multiple-sets-of-annotations-to-a

Daniel Fenn:

If I open a large dataset and create a slice, then add density contours, followed by text annotations, the text annotations take a very long time to add.

If I add the text annotations before adding the contours, it's much faster.

If I add multiple sets of density contours, each set takes progressively longer.

Nathan Goldbaum has suggested that implementing caching would alleviate the issue.

Responsible: yt_analysis