[yt-dev] A plea for failing tests

Cameron Hummels chummels at gmail.com
Fri Nov 21 13:39:29 PST 2014

It will at least provide a reminder (each time we run the tests) to all of
us what needs to be fixed before the full conversion of the code from 2.x
to 3.0 is complete.  These tests should be relatively straightforward, in
that all we're really doing is just "running the code" for these analysis
modules.  I'm going to try my hand at a few of them, and if others want to
jump in on ones they are comfortable with, that would be awesome.

Cameron

On Fri, Nov 21, 2014 at 2:33 PM, Matthew Turk <matthewturk at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Cameron and I were chatting, and it looks like only 5/19 of the
> analysis modules have tests.  I think it would be really valuable to
> have tests -- even failing ones -- so that we can start finishing the
> job of porting to yt-3.0 all of the analysis modules.
>
> So what do you think -- should we start writing some tests designed to
> fail?

Cameron Hummels
Postdoctoral Researcher
Steward Observatory