[yt-dev] Old halo objects

Britton Smith brittonsmith at gmail.com
Mon Mar 24 03:03:32 PDT 2014

First off, Cameron, I'm glad you're on board with this.  As someone who
used that functionality, it's important that you're not left high and dry.

The original Halo object had a pretty limited scope and was basically only
usable inside the halo finding operations.  I would definitely like to see
us move to the new Halo object in
yt/analysis_modules/halo_analysis/halo_object.py since it's the one being
used with the HaloCatalog.  I think we can also get rid of the HaloFinder
class since we are replicating all of its functionality as well.  I think,
in general, we should be migrating all halo related functionality into
yt/analysis_modules/halo_analysis.

Britton