[yt-dev] Old halo objects

Cameron Hummels chummels at gmail.com
Sun Mar 23 21:30:55 PDT 2014

I know you're not asking me, but as a user of the old halo objects, I'm OK
with this moving forward.  The only suggestion I have is a short document
in the yt 3.0 docs explaining the switch and roughly how to replicate basic
functionality.  I think some of that already exists, though.

Cameron

On Sun, Mar 23, 2014 at 2:46 PM, Matthew Turk <matthewturk at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> With the new halo analysis machinery that Britton, Brian C and Hilary
> have been working on getting integrated into mainline, do we still
> need the old halo objects machinery?
>
> It seems to me that if we are able to replicate all the functionality,
> *and* call the old halo finders, we don't need the actual code for
> "class Halo" and "class HaloFinder" and the like.  This is the stuff
> that's mostly in halo_objects.py in yt/analysis_modules/halo_finding/
> .
>
> Britton, Brian and Hilary -- does that sound okay to you?

Cameron Hummels
Postdoctoral Researcher
Steward Observatory
University of Arizona