[yt-dev] Old halo objects

Matthew Turk matthewturk at gmail.com
Sun Mar 23 14:46:33 PDT 2014

Hi all,

With the new halo analysis machinery that Britton, Brian C and Hilary
have been working on getting integrated into mainline, do we still
need the old halo objects machinery?

It seems to me that if we are able to replicate all the functionality,
*and* call the old halo finders, we don't need the actual code for
"class Halo" and "class HaloFinder" and the like.  This is the stuff
that's mostly in halo_objects.py in yt/analysis_modules/halo_finding/
.

Britton, Brian and Hilary -- does that sound okay to you?