[yt-dev] Weird nose test failure

Kacper Kowalik xarthisius.kk at gmail.com
Wed Jun 18 06:53:33 PDT 2014

On 18.06.2014 15:28, John ZuHone wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Have any of you seen this failure before?
>
> http://paste.yt-project.org/show/4801/
>
> I can't seem to run any nosetests on the answer tests because of it.

Hi John,
this is a regression introduced a while ago. Nosetest is somehow
confused by classes in yt-3.0 and loses its ability to discover tests
properly. (I've debugged it once and nailed it to a specific file, but
can't remember which one right now...)

As a workaround you can use:

nosetests --with-answer-testing -vv frontends/enzo

directory/file based discovery works just fine.

Having said that, I'm not entirely sure that answers stored in the cloud
are up to date. However, I've updated most of the answer tests on
tests.yt-p.org locally. I'd suggest running test suite using yt-fido
instead.

I'll try to make sure that both local and cloud tests are running
properly till the end of this week. Sorry for the trouble.
Cheers,
Kacper