[yt-dev] adding datasets

Nathan Goldbaum nathan12343 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 11 09:33:31 PDT 2014

Hi Mike,

On Fri, Jul 11, 2014 at 11:27 AM, Michael Zingale <
michael.zingale at stonybrook.edu> wrote:

> Hi, I'd like to add some BoxLib datasets to the suite of public datasets
> available for testing and experiementation.  Can someone point me to the
> procedure of how to do that?

If you send me your public ssh key I can give you a login to our webserver.
 You would then need to upload the data in .tar.gz format and then file a
pull request on the website repository (bitbucket.org/yt_analysis/website)
to include a link to the data.

> and any guidelines regarding size.

We have unlimited storage, but anything more than a few gigabytes is
probably not so useful.

> Also, are both 2- and 3-d (and 1-d?) datasets acceptable there?

Yes, as many permutations as possible.