[yt-dev] 3.0 release delay

Cameron Hummels chummels at gmail.com
Mon Jul 28 22:45:51 PDT 2014

Hello,

First I want to thank everyone for their hard work at getting 3.0 where it
is in terms of functionality, bug fixes, and documentation.  However, I'm
concerned that there are still several things that need doing in the
documentation prior to release of 3.0.

https://trello.com/b/Y5XV4Hod/yt-3-0

Beyond that, I think once those things are done, we need some proofreading
of the docs, because I'm not convinced there aren't still sections that are
out of date and reflecting 2.x versions of the code.  Proofreading (and
subsequent correction) may take a while.

I think it behooves us to push back the release a few more days until we
make sure this is where we want it to be.  This is a major release with
major API breakages, and I want to make sure the documentation actually
reflects the codebase, so new users and new converts to 3.0 don't get
confused.  I certainly was confused when i first moved over because there
are a lot of significant changes that it's easy to forget after using it
for a while and being as tied into the community as we all are.

What do people think?

Cameron

--
Cameron Hummels