[yt-dev] clickable gallery?

Cameron Hummels chummels at gmail.com
Thu Jul 24 10:38:34 PDT 2014

Hi Michael,

I've thought about this in the past, and you're right, it would be great if
we had such a thing in our docs.  Right now, the images generated by the
cookbook recipes are auto-generated, so I'm not enough of a whiz with
Sphinx to be able to make this work, but perhaps there are others on the
team who could do this with ease?  Any interest?

Cameron

On Thu, Jul 24, 2014 at 10:33 AM, Michael Zingale <
michael.zingale at stonybrook.edu> wrote:

> One thing I was wondering is whether we should have a gallery of
> thumbnails of the output from the various scripts in the docs that users
> can click on to see the recipe.  In my experience, for matplotlib, this is
> the most useful part of the documentation -- I go to the gallery (
> http://matplotlib.org/gallery.html) find something that looks like it
> does what I am trying to do, and then click on it to find out how to do
> that.  This works well when you don't necessarily know the name of the type
> of plot you are looking to make.  Just a thought.
>
> Mike
>
> --
> Michael Zingale
> Associate Professor
>
> Dept. of Physics & Astronomy • Stony Brook University • Stony Brook, NY
> 11794-3800
> *phone*:  631-632-8225
> *e-mail*: Michael.Zingale at stonybrook.edu
> *web*: http://www.astro.sunysb.edu/mzingale