[yt-dev] Code freeze?

Matthew Turk matthewturk at gmail.com
Thu Jul 17 14:34:29 PDT 2014

On Thu, Jul 17, 2014 at 4:31 PM, Nathan Goldbaum <nathan12343 at gmail.com> wrote:
> One more thought.  What about matplotlib 1.4?  I was planning on updating
> the install script for some of our python dependencies when matplotlib 1.4
> shipped.
>
> I'd feel much more comfortable if we could include that in the install
> script as part of the yt-3 release due to the issue with ndarray subclasses
> in matplotlib 1.3.1.  According to the matplotlib-devel mailing list,
> they're planning on releasing on July 26th (well, really, "two weeks from
> today" in an e-mail on July 12), but no telling if anything will actually be
> released that day.

Yes, assuming there are no other issues that 1.4 brings up, I'm fine
with including it in the install script.

I would like us to target a release between July 25 and 30.  That
means I'm going to attempt to have everything ready to go on the 25th,
and when it is ready the buttons can be pushed.  I'll create a release
checklist on Trello tomorrow before the doc sprint for non-doc stuff
that has to happen.