[yt-dev] website data page

Nathan Goldbaum nathan12343 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 17 10:45:16 PDT 2014

On Thu, Jul 17, 2014 at 10:24 AM, Michael Zingale <
michael.zingale at stonybrook.edu> wrote:

> Hi all, I am in the process of adding some Maestro and Castro datasets to
> the data webpage:
>
> http://yt-project.org/data/
>
> I am happy to take the opportunity to reorganize it a bit, if people are
> agreeable.
>
> In particular, there are 3 separate tables on that page -- two seem like
> they could be merged: do we need a separate "yt sample data" and "yt 3.0
> sample data" table still?

Given the level of yt-3 development and the upcoming release, I'd be +1 on
merging the two sections.

> Also, I'd like to sort the datasets alphabetically by data (front end)
> format, perhaps with a column-spanning header noting what frontend each is.
>  I think that this will make it easier for everyone to see which datasets
> are available to exercise the various frontends.

Very much +1.  The original design for that page made more sense when we
had significantly fewer datasets.  An organization push would be very much
appreciated.