[yt-dev] Gadget status

Chris Malone chris.m.malone at gmail.com
Tue Jul 15 14:35:48 PDT 2014

Hi all,

Caveat: I'm not that familiar with particle-based datasets/codes.

I'm unsuccessfully trying to help a summer student do some visualization of
someone else's Gadget binary data dump.  What is the status of volume
rendering SPH/Gadget data in 3.0?

When I've tried what I know works for grid-based data, the returned image
is simply empty.  Projections look okay (for some variables), and Slices
look worse as there are blank splotches, likely due to emptiness in the
tree.

Also, is there a list somewhere that describes/defines what the various
fluid types mean (e.g. 'all', 'gas', 'deposit', etc)?  If not, it might be
nice to have somewhere in the docs.

Chris