[yt-dev] TimeSeries Objects

Cameron Hummels chummels at gmail.com
Fri Jul 11 16:00:18 PDT 2014

Hey everyone,

I just discovered by accident that one can now generate a TimeSeries
DatasetSeries object with the load() command in yt-3.0.

import yt
time_series = yt.load('DD????/DD????')
for ds in time_series:
   print ds.current_time

I don't know when this functionality was created or by whom, but it's great
and simplifies the timeseries analysis steps.  Does it work for all
frontends?

I'm happy to update the timeseries documentation with this information, but
I wanted to make sure it worked with all frontends, and see if there were
any other new tricks that were added when this functionality was added .so
we don't have to iterate too much on the docs update.  Since I didn't write
this functionality, I don't know what else was done and it doesn't look
like it was written down in the docs.

Cameron

--
Cameron Hummels