[yt-dev] Projections of FITS cubes

John ZuHone jzuhone at gmail.com
Mon Jul 7 08:50:30 PDT 2014

Nathan,

At the moment we've left the units of all of the axes in code_length, which is equivalent to the FITS pixel (except in cases where the z-axis is rescaled, in which case along that axis it is a multiple of the pixel).

For these datasets, I actually don't think that projections with a path length (whether in terms of length or velocity) makes a lot of sense--since the units along each slice are Jy/beam and the total projected intensity is in the same units. That's why for this image, when we used it in this notebook:

http://yt-project.org/docs/dev-3.0/cookbook/fits_radio_cubes.html#radio-cubes

we specified proj_style="sum" which eliminates the path length and simply sums everything along this axis.

Best,

John