[yt-dev] Cannot build yt-2.7dev

Sam Skillman samskillman at gmail.com
Thu Jan 30 21:10:53 PST 2014

I've seen the same thing when I do the following:

Install yt-2.x
Pull in 3.0 changes
Update to 3.0, python setup.py develop
Update back to 2.x branch.  python setup.py develop

It also may have to do with Cython, as usually in my panic to get back a
functioning 2.x i uninstall and reinstall about 10 different versions of
cython.

I have *absolutely no idea how this happens*, but the only way I can
install 2.x again is from a completely fresh clone, after removing all
references to 3.0 in my pythonpath.  Super weird. This is the Heisenbug
that has popped up from time to time.

You're not crazy. Something else definitely is.