[yt-dev] Orientation, coordinate systems

Britton Smith brittonsmith at gmail.com
Fri Jan 17 10:24:31 PST 2014

I imagine this still leaves a number of people in the dark.  Unless I
misunderstand, my issue was that slices and projections do not follow the
right hand rule, in that the following should be true:
slice_axis image_x image_y
##########################
x          y       z
y          z       x
z          x       y

slice_axis image_x image_y
x          y       z
y          x       z
z          x       y

I guess it's really just viewing along the y axis, but it does lead to
having to do some work-arounds here and there.  I would be in favor of
fixing this issue.